Thomas Sinden have been appointed to undertake the expansion of Selwyn Primary School in Newham.
Our works will involve the demolition of the existing nursery building and the design and build of a new single storey nursery and reception building to accommodate classrooms, administration offices and external play area.
The new building will provide:
- 5 additional classrooms for nursery and reception
- new administration offices
- specialist rooms for children with hearing impairment
- new entrance and associated landscaping
- accessible hygiene room and WC facilities
The new building is aiming to achieve a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating. Key design features include angled roof lights, Rockpanel Chameleon cladding boards, Photovoltaic solar panels, circular classroom hub, external canopy and enhanced acoustic spec for teaching rooms.
This will be the second project Thomas Sinden have delivered for Newham through their Basic Needs Programme, having successfully delivered works at Southern Road Primary School late last year.
CGI’s courtesy of Clague Architects