Thomas Sinden have successfully delivered the expansion of Selwyn Primary School in Newham.
Our works involved the demolition of the existing nursery building and the design and build of a new single storey nursery and reception building to accommodate classrooms, administration offices and external play area.
The new building provides:
- 5 additional classrooms for nursery and reception
- new administration offices
- specialist rooms for children with hearing impairment
- new entrance and associated landscaping
- accessible hygiene room and WC facilities
The new building aims to achieve a BREEAM ‘Very Good’ rating. Key design features include angled roof lights, Rockpanel Chameleon cladding boards, Photovoltaic solar panels, circular classroom hub, external canopy and enhanced acoustic spec for teaching rooms.
This is the second project Thomas Sinden have delivered for Newham through their Basic Needs Programme, having successfully delivered works at Southern Road Primary School.