North East London NHS Foundation Trust provides community health and mental health services in Essex across the North East London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest.
Over the years Thomas Sinden have delivered numerous schemes for the Trust, from office fit outs to refurbishing their treatment centres and hospitals.
Our most recent contract included works to the Mayflower Hospital where we refurbished clinic rooms, washroom and wc areas. Works included:-
- Groundworks and civils work to car park
- Formation/ remodelling of various admin, ward rooms and storage rooms into clinic rooms
- Structural adaption works
- Accessible toilets and shower areas
- Administration offices
- Automated entrance doors and specialised door entry system
- Formation of new reception area
- Installation of specialised clinical hygipods
- Upgrading of lighting, emergency alert alarm, data points and small power.
As the project was being undertaken in a live hospital environment we had to ensure segregation of our works from occupied areas and continuity of services. Close liaison between our team and the hospital’s estates department ensured the works were completed on time and without interfering with the functionality of the hospital and its patients.