Facility for Learners with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LLDD)
Design and build of a new single storey building (approximately 872m²); providing specialist teaching accommodation together with associated external works and services.
The new Supported Learning Centre at Merrist Wood College will provide a safe and secure learning environment for up to 64 students with severe and complex learning, social and communication difficulties and challenging behaviour that may also have a physical disability.
The following student facilities were created:
- Reception and transport area
- High quality sensory room
- Specially equipped classrooms which have their own garden areas
- Sensory garden and communal garden area
- Independent living area/kitchen
- Therapy room to carry out speech and language, occupational and behaviour therapy
- Group room
- A central communal area for students
- Learning Resource area
- Disabled toilet and wet room facility including changing facilities